Things to know before buying an electric toothbrush
Toothbrushes are everyday objects that we use every day. Now technology is more and more developed, more and more people will choose electric toothbrush! It can not only clean teeth quickly and effectively, but also reduce hematoma pain in gums. Therefore, electric toothbrush has become the most common item in our life. About, is an electric toothbrush good for teeth? What are the disadvantages and benefits of electric toothbrushes?
Is electric toothbrush good for teeth
Compared with traditional toothbrush, electric toothbrush is more scientific and effective. Traditional toothbrushes are difficult to completely remove dental plaque, coupled with improper brushing methods, so that the cleaning effect of brushing is greatly compromised. Experiments have shown that electric toothbrushes remove 38% more plaque than manual toothbrushes, and its cleaning ability has been unanimously affirmed by oral experts. This suggests that electric toothbrushes can remove plaque more thoroughly, reduce gingivitis and gum bleeding.
What are the disadvantages and benefits of electric toothbrushes
First, the advantages of electric toothbrush
- Reduce the damage to teeth. We usually brush our teeth vigorously, which will seriously damage our teeth and gums. It reduces the amount of brushing done by around 60 per cent and reduces gingivitis and gum bleeding by 62 per cent, making the process safer and more effective.
- more thorough cleaning of teeth stains, many people have the habit of brushing teeth carelessly, in fact, this is not very good for the teeth, but the electric toothbrush is very effective to remove stains, can reduce due to tea, coffee and bad oral conditions caused by the tooth, restore the original color of teeth.
- Shorten your brushing time. Often use electric toothbrush is good, for those who do not brush their teeth well is of great benefit, to 1 minute about 100 frequency, you can clean the toothbrush, manual toothbrush can also do, reduce the time to brush
- let the children love to brush your teeth, a lot of children don't like brushing your teeth, it makes the parents very upset, there are some children's electric toothbrush, cartoon design will let the children fondle admiringly, and high-speed rotating brush with infinite pleasure, let the children to extend the time of brushing your teeth, let your child love to brush your teeth.
Second, the disadvantages of electric toothbrush:
The bristle of electric toothbrush is to use the means that rotates motion, need to stay period of time on every tooth face so, want to take into account 3 tooth face, ability achieves clean tooth goal, compare take time. Therefore, using an electric toothbrush requires enough patience to really clean the teeth. If you just put the toothbrush into your mouth and don't move it up and down synchronously, you won't be able to thoroughly clean the special areas of the teeth, such as the fossa, gingival groove and tooth crevices, which will also cause dental disease. The correct use of an electric toothbrush does remove plaque, prevent tooth decay and periodontitis, but these effects are the same as regular toothbrushes.
Electric toothbrushes just change the way people brush their teeth, not completely replace teeth cleaning. However, many people tend to brush their teeth too hard due to improper brushing methods, which may cause unnecessary damage to teeth and gums. However, electric toothbrushes can reduce such damage and massage the gums. But electric toothbrushes can be harmful if used in the wrong way. Usually use common toothbrush is active up and down brush, namely vertical brush. Electric toothbrush vibration frequency and strength is relatively fixed, rotating on the tooth surface similar to the horizontal brush, may cause certain wear on the teeth, serious may cause periodontitis.
If the tooth itself is not very good, such as gingivitis, periodontitis, it is best not to choose electric toothbrush. The frequency and force of the electric toothbrush are fixed. Because children cannot master the appropriate use method at the moment, it is easy to damage the tender gums, making the gums appear red and swollen and other symptoms. At the same time, the teeth will suffer severe wear and tear. Children use electric toothbrush abuse, should be careful!
The following six points should be noted when using electric toothbrushes
- When purchasing electric toothbrushes for the elderly, children or people with disabilities, it is better to choose one with integrated design of brush head and handle to avoid swallowing the brush head by mistake.
- Try to use a small brush head so that you can go deep into the mouth and clean the back teeth.
- Compared with traditional manual toothbrush, electric toothbrush moves its head at the speed of thousands or even tens of thousands of times per minute under electric drive, which is far more efficient than manual toothbrush. However, it also requires higher requirements on bristles to prevent gum damage during brushing.
- The force of electric toothbrush is much greater than that of ordinary toothbrush due to its mandatory rotation and vibration functions. Therefore, when you brush your teeth, you need to use a regular toothbrush to reduce the force by 60 percent, so as to avoid causing damage to your teeth and gums.
- at least 2 minutes of brushing time, and let each row of teeth inside, outside and bite surface are effectively clean, especially the lower teeth tongue surface, the most difficult to clean and easy to miss, must be consciously clean.
- Replace the brush head every 3 months. Brush head in use for a period of time, the bristles will become rough, easy to damage the gums. Some experiments showed that the new brush head removed 30% more dental plaque than the brush head after 3 months of use.